Growth GrantsLeeds City Region Enterprise Partnership Business Productivity Pilot
Leeds City Region Business Productivity Pilot – Grants Yorkshire
The pilot is a competition with an open call and you are invited to apply for grants between £25,000 and £100,000 (closing date 14.12.2018) to support capital investment projects that will lead to clearly-evidenced productivity improvements.
To be eligible for support, your business must be:
- Established for more than 12 months and must operate from commercial premises (based or looking to locate in the City region West Yorkshire, York, Harrogate & Craven.)
- Ensure there is no net reduction in employee numbers for a minimum of 12 months following completion of investment
- Operate in the City’s Regions key growth sectors and/or their direct supply chains: specifically health and life sciences, digital and creative industries, low carbon and environmental industries, manufacturing, financial and professional services or business to business services.
- Have private finance available; either your own, from a bank, or other commercial finance to invest alongside the grant (please note the minimum total project cost is £125,000- therefore you must have at least £4 of private sector finance to invest for every £1 in grant).
- Demonstrate financial viability of the project and the need for grant support.
If you have any questions or need help applying for this grant please get in touch 01904 769063 or email@example.com
Business Growth Programme
- Life sciences and related industries
- Digital and creative industries
- Low carbon and environmental industries
- Financial and business services
- A Digital Growth Voucher – a grant worth between £2-10,000 to help eligible businesses invest in digital technology to achieve business growth and digital transformation
- A Connectivity Voucher – to help eligible businesses to upgrade their digital connectivity – worth between £500-1000.
- Free to attend workshops, masterclasses, digital conferences and mentoring support via the new Digital Knowledge Exchange Service.
- Capital investment in land, buildings, plant, machinery and equipment.
- Research and Development activity (where this will support business and jobs growth)
- To receive funding you must be planning to spend at least £125,000 on eligible activity.
Access to FinanceAD:VENTURE European Regional Development Fund
AD:VENTURE Growth Grants – Grants Yorkshire
Start Up Grant
- Grants available between £1000 and £2500
- Designed to cover start-up costs
- Not available for running costs or working capital
- 100% of the grant will be awarded upon satisfactory completion of the investment supported and businesses are required to contribute 50% of the eligible costs
- Grants are available between £2500 and £25,000
- Grants are aimed at capital investment
- Encouraging and supporting growth and job creation
- 75-90% of the grant will be awarded upon satisfactory completion of the investment supported and businesses are required to contribute 50% of eligible costs
This ERDF funded growth support is available to businesses in or locating to Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York (within the Leeds City Region).
Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund
Grants for R&D / InnovationPAPI Product & Process Innovation
PAPI (Product & Process Innovation) – Grants Yorkshire
Available to help small businesses to improve their products and processes by providing grants for equipment which enables innovation. 40% grant for equipment that enables innovation, up to a maximum grant value of £20K, which generates regional economic growth and jobs.
Companies must be based in York, North Yorkshire or East Riding and meet the definition of a SME. Companies must be engaged with the following sectors:
SIAFS Stimulating Innovation in the Agri-Food Sector
- Digital & creative media
- Food and drink
- Health and social care
- The priority is increasing the number of visitors to the area
- The LEP is looking for businesses with plans to bring more visitors to the area, encourage those visitors to stay longer, and provide them with more to do
- Min £35K; Max £500K
- Projects must be located within rural parts of York, North Yorkshire and East Riding LEP area
- Businesses can apply for a grant to cover up to 50% of the project’s total eligible costs – up to 100% for non-profit making organisations
- Application windows will open and close over the next 2 years (2015-2017)
Rural GrantsYorkshire Dales LEADER Programme - This Programme is now closed to any new applications
Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme – Grants Yorkshire
The LEADER Programme will distribute £2.23M for rural projects benefiting the area slightly larger than the Yorkshire Dales, including Nidderdale, Ripon, Skipton & Catterick. It is aimed at enterprises and farming businesses and has been set up to address the problems of ‘rurality’ with a focus on job creation and growth.
Grants are for a maximum of 40% of the project costs and are typically in the £5,000 to £35,000 region and there are three main categories as follows:
- The Yorkshire Dales Enterprise Scheme (Micro and small business)
This scheme provides support for micro and small businesses (less than 49 full-time equivalent employees). The grant is for both new and existing businesses and is aimed at any project that will:
-Benefit from the rollout of existing superfast and high quality fixed or wireless broadband infrastructure.
-Support the establishment or expansion of construction and specialised construction businesses.
-Establish or expand food and drink businesses, developing local food supply chains, clusters and networks.
- The Yorkshire Dales Enterprise Scheme (farm diversification)
This scheme provides support for farmers and farm businesses which require capital assistance for farm diversification activities to non-agricultural activity and non-standard agriculture diversification or added value to local product.
- Yorkshire Dales Tourism Development Scheme
This scheme provides support for the tourism sector and tourism businesses which require capital for projects that will improve the quality of the tourism “offer” by creating new experiences and/or enhancing existing tourism facilities; improve the visitor experience; increase visitor spend; and support the identity of the area.
The deadline for round one outline applications is 9th March but there will be further rounds about every 3 – 6 months.
- The Yorkshire Dales Enterprise Scheme (Micro and small business)
Training & EmploymentSkills Support for the Workforce
Skills Support for the Workforce – Grants Yorkshire
If you’re an SME based in York, North Yorkshire or East Riding, you may be eligible for free training through the Skills Support for the Workforce project. The programme has been designed to help deliver the LEP skills strategy across these 8 priority sectors:
- Food manufacture
- Voluntary, community and Social Enterprise
- Visitor economy and Health and Social Care
For further information follow this link:
Training & Development
- The cost of employee training can be fully or partially covered (depending upon employee age and other circumstances) under initiatives provided by the Skills Funding Agency/BIS: http://skillsfundingagency.bis.gov.uk/
- Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, North Yorkshire (Harrogate, Craven & Selby), Wakefield and York.
- The National Apprenticeship Service will provide grants to eligible employers, in respect of qualifying apprentices, with an individual value of £1,500.
- Employers can be paid ten grants in total during the lifetime of the initiative.
- Eligibility – Employers with less than 1,000 employees, who are new to apprenticeships or haven’t enrolled a new recruit or existing employee onto an Apprenticeship Programme in the previous 12 months.
- Be based in the Leeds City Region (ie the whole of West Yorks & parts of North & South Yorks)
- Employ fewer than 250 people
- Annual turnover of less than £40million
- Be in one of the priority sectors
- Able to provide a contribution to the cost of training – minimum 50%
Carbon Trust – Grants Yorkshire
1.Low Carbon Building Design Advice Service (UK)
This service includes a detailed printed guide and face-to-face consultancy. The amount of consultancy time you receive depends on the project size and the potential carbon savings. Design Advice helps to identify the carbon savings in new and renovation projects, offering free or subsidised consultancy advice to help throughout the project stages.
Although the consultancy services are often free, they do expect a level of commitment in return, in the form of producing case studies and recording the actual measures you choose to implement. Direct funding is not available, but the scheme will help businesses and organisations save money through increased energy efficiency.
2.Green Equipment Funding Scheme
This is a finance scheme for green equipment from Carbon Trust and Siemens to enable UK organisations to invest in cost effective energy efficiency equipment and other low carbon technologies (eg new efficient lighting, biomass heating etc).
Schemes should enable the financing to pay for itself through energy savings and result in no net cost to the business.
Green Investment Bank – for large-scale (>£10M) green projects: http://www.bis.gov.uk/greeninvestmentbank
Manufacturing & International TradeDepartment for International Trade
DIT – Grants Yorkshire
The Department for International Trade helps businesses export and grow into global markets. They offer numerous services and d here are just a few areas they can assist with:
- UK Export Finance
- Contact a trade adviser specific to our region
- Apply for a trade show access grant
- Sign up to the find a buyer service, which will allow you to promote your products and services to international buyers.
- Events, trade fairs, missions and webinars
For further information please visit their website.
Business Growth Programme – Grants Yorkshire.
This grant is available through the Leeds City Regions Business Growth Programme and is linked to employment creation. Grants are focused on small and medium sized businesses, which have been trading for at least 12 months. Grants are primarily to support capital projects. In some cases it may be possible to support research and development activities.
Grants worth up to £250,000 (minimum project spend £50K) are available to businesses across the Leeds City Region to support business investment and expansion. The grants will cover up to 20% of the cost of investment in new premises, fit outs, capital equipment and machinery.
Key growth sectors include:
Digital Enterprise Programme – Grants Yorkshire
There are currently 3 strands to the Digital Enterprise Programme, including;
Phase 3 of the Digital Growth Voucher Scheme is open now. Businesses are invited to act now to take advantage of between £2,000 – £10,000 of Digital Growth Voucher funding. Applications opened on 1 October and will close on 9 November 2018.
Let’s Grow North and East Yorkshire – Grants Yorkshire
The Lets Grow Programme provides grants of between £25,000 and £1 million to cover up to 20% of your businesses costs to invest, expand your business and create jobs.
For further information or help with your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF) – Grants Yorkshire
If your business is located in the North of England and you are looking to start up, scale up or stay ahead one of the funding options from NPIF could help:
Microfinance £25K-£100K for recent start-ups and existing SME businesses seeking to borrow £25K-£100K to kickstart activity.
Debt Finance £100K-£750K for SMEs needing to borrow larger amounts to finance growth.
Equity Finance £50K-£2M for SMEs with ambitious growth plans seeking an equity injection up to £2M.
Enterprise Finance Guarantee Scheme – Grants Yorkshire
Whilst not specific to the Yorkshire region, this government scheme has been introduced to encourage banks to lend to SME’s by providing the lender with a 75% government-backed guarantee for eligible loans/overdrafts up to £1M.
SIAFS – Grants Yorkshire
SIAFS is a fully funded business support project for the food and drink sector. The project aims to stimulate innovation in food and drink companies within West, North & East Yorkshire ultimately leading to economic development and job creation.
Workshops designed to help your business through 3 specific stages; Start Up, Business Growth and New Product.
Vouchers for £2000 or £5000 are available to use at Fera Science Ltd. These fully funded vouchers can be used for a range of product testing services including; Shelf Life, Testing, Alcohol Testing, Safety Testing, Packaging Analysis, Contaminate Testing and more.
Your business is eligible for this free project if you are a business in either agriculture or food (or somewhere in between) from West, North or East Yorkshire with less than 250 staff.
For further information please contact Aimie on 01904 554130
Horizon 2020 is a research and innovation programme within the European Funding Programme with nearly €80 bn of funding over 7 years (2014 – 2020)
Relevant to SME’s specialising in leading-edge research in fields such as ICT, Bioinformatics, Nanotechnology, Design, Innovation etc. Grants of potentially up to €3m available per SME.
SparkFund – Grants Yorkshire
SparkFund is an innovation support and grants programme that will help your business improve or develop exciting new products, services or processes. If you’re a small to medium sized business in the Humber, York or North Yorkshire region with aspirations to move forward this programme might be of interest to you.
Whatever you invest SparkFund could match it (up to £20,000). There are currently three innovation and support funding options.
Low Carbon R&D Grants
For further information please contact SparkFund and speak with an Innovation Manager on 01482 466106
European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme – Grants Yorkshire
Grant scheme designed to support investment in the rural tourism sector in the rural areas of North Yorkshire & the East Riding. Key features as follows:
Training & Development – Grants Yorkshire
The Leeds City Region LEP Apprenticeship Programme – Grants Yorkshire
Set up to engage with and provide independent, free support to SME’s across the City Region to offer apprenticeship opportunities. It is being delivered in partnership with the 8 local authorities of:
Any business interested in the new service and any young person keen to change direction and take up an apprenticeship can get more information by emailing Karen at: email@example.com.
Skills Funding For Engineering Companies – Grants Yorkshire
Engineering companies with fewer than 250 employees are able to apply for a share of a BIS £10m match funding pot to develop innovative company-specific training.
The minimum grant, which a company would need to match with their own money, is £10,000.
Applications for funding are open until 27 February, or until funds are allocated, and can be accessed through the following link:
Leeds City LEP Skills Service – Grants Yorkshire
Support is now available to help SME’s identify the skills required to achieve their business growth objectives. Whether it is developing workforce’s skills, providing tailored training or designing a new course the Skills Service can guide you through the process.
If businesses have a budget to contribute towards training, they could also be eligible for funding of between £500 and £50,000.
To be eligible for skills funding the business must: