Who we are
- Make lender decisions,
- For fraud prevention,
- For audit,
- For statistical analysis,
- Credit reference checks
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
RedSky are a trading style of RedSky Corporate Services Limited which are Commercial Finance Brokers based in Grewelthorpe, Haxby and Normanton. We act as a credit broker for our customers. RedSky are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FRN 718535
Here at RedSky we take your privacy seriously and will use your personal information in a number of ways which will help us:
We may share your information with, and obtain information about you from, credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies. Information you provided may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
We will not disclose your information to any company outside of [Banks/lenders/brokers] except to help prevent fraud or if required by law to do so.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access/alter and change information we hold on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, from time to time we would like to contact you with detail of other products / offers/services we provide. If you consent to us contacting you for this purpose please complete our contact form here.
RedSky will be what is known as the ‘controller’ and the ‘processer’ of the personal data you provide to us. We collect personal data about you which may also include any special types of information or location-based information.
Name, address, email, contact numbers, dependents, financial status, and financial information.
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with an accurate recommendation for your personal circumstances. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
For processing of data to be lawful under GDPR RedSky use:
All the personal data we use is controlled by RedSky in the UK, however, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, this information is located on servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be found on our website.
We may pass your data to Banks, Lenders, brokers, IFA’s and other Financial Providers, in order to provide you with offers of products suitable to meet your customer requirements.
Your data is stored electronically on our cloud encrypted server. Our server is based in the UK.
We are required under regulation to keep your basic personal data, such as name, address, contact details and financial information for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed. The information used for marketing will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
If at any point you believe retained information is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected and possibly deleted. Providing you with this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
Where relevant, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time and this means that we cannot process your data provided without your consent.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is Sarah Hutchinson and you can contact her at email@example.com.